Enhance your online presence and content to create brilliant webinars and engaging virtual classrooms where learning and development thrive.
Effective learning design and delivery requires a blend of approaches, including digital. Creating brilliant virtual classroom and live webinar sessions demands passion for knowledge sharing as well as specialist skills suited to the audience and medium. This includes following a clear structure and purpose to create maximum opportunities to transfer learning and engage participants.
This programme explains the holistic approach to optimising the learning environment and learning mindset. Exploring the common tools available, participants will build upon their knowledge of platform-agnostic inclusion, interaction and design in a practical way.
For maximum impact at individual and organisation level, this course will also help L&D professionals settle nerves and build confidence when delivering virtual classes to communicate their message in a credible way. Debunking some of the myths of online learning, it demonstrates how to steer the live classroom environment and extend the learning experience afterwards.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months. The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
The purpose of this course is to:
- establish a clear purpose for online learning for participants
- explain the importance of engaging participants before the live session
- use visual design and interactions to enhance learning in a live session
- explore the practicalities of running a virtual classroom
- compile activities to do after the live session to continue the learning experience.
Is this course right for me?
This Introductory Programme is for people professionals seeking to improve the design and delivery of live learning and communication via virtual classrooms or webinars. From establishing the objectives of a session to embedding learning, L&D practitioners, HR practitioners, communication leaders and line managers will find this course practical and inspiring.
I want to put my team on this course
If you have multiple L&D professionals in your organisation responsible for virtual learning, this practical course can be delivered to teams or functions. They will learn, improve and innovate together as they explore the practical elements of successful live sessions and how to boost participant engagement before, during and after.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll have the confidence and skills to:
- facilitate learning through exploring common tools used for virtual sessions, regardless of platform type
- design and deliver online learning with a holistic approach
- apply the programme concepts in a practical way, including unique design features for online events
- deliver your message in a credible, impactful way, dealing effectively with nerves
- champion the engagement and productivity benefits of online learning and virtual classrooms.
This Introductory Programme was designed in collaboration with Gary Cookson, a recognised and credible L&D/ HR professional, based on content from the CIPD learning team of Andy Lancaster and Michelle Parry-Slater.
Featuring a mix of written, video and interactive content, this course will take between six and eight hours to complete, including reflective questions throughout. A short informal knowledge check at the end provides learners with a self-test opportunity to reinforce some of the key messages. This can be undertaken multiple times and is not an assessment. Learners engage at their own pace via the CIPD Learning Hub, a self-serve online platform.
This programme will cover:
Topic 1: Introduction
Topic 2: The why of virtual classrooms and webinars
- The vital need for digital skills and working
- Webinars as part of organisational learning
- Leveraging the value
Topic 3: Great live sessions always start beforehand
- Defining the purpose, focus and context
- Getting people to attend
- Keeping participants engaged before and when joining
- Ensuring things go well
Topic 4: Design for maximum engagement
- Purpose: designing with clear outcomes
- Look and feel: aesthetics, imagery and inclusion
- Experience: tools and tips for maximising engagement
Topic 5: Practical elements during the live session
- Key roles in a live session team
- Getting set to go
- Things to watch out for
- What to do if it goes wrong
Topic 6: The end…or is it?
- Ending well
- Types of evaluation and feedback
- Extending the impact of the live session
You will be able to access the course for 12 months from purchase and the CIPD Learning Hub will remain accessible to you for 24 months.