Strategic Workforce Planning Programme
Plan for future workforce requirements and explore how alignment between business processes and people strategy is key to achieving business goals.
This course will explore the stages of strategic workforce planning and how to plan and apply the process to make informed decisions.
This evidenced-based course is delivered by leading experts in strategic workforce planning and aligns to the CIPD Profession Map. You’ll be provided with case study examples of how strategic workforce planning models work in practice to help you apply the process into your own workplace setting.
On completion, you’ll be able to confidently forecast your supply of talent and understand how to segment data to inform talent decisions. You’ll understand and apply the benefits of gap analysis and scenario planning to close the gap between the availability of workers and your organisation’s need.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
In this course you will:
- develop your business acumen of the wider business context within which you operate,
- appreciate modern business models and trends exploring the importance of alignment of the business strategy with your workforce plans,
- apply elements of influencing to all stakeholder engagement,
- know where to find and use people analytics in workforce planning as a way to use data and information to create insight,
- forecast your supply of talent and understand how to segment data to inform talent decisions,
- effectively use qualitative and quantitative methods of demand forecasting,
- apply the benefits of gap analysis and scenario planning to close the gap between the availability of workers and the business need,
- learn different workforce planning levers to make change happen though action planning,
- take an agile approach to planning and how to start delivery of your action plans.
Is this course right for me?
If you’re a people professional with an existing understanding of the concept of workforce planning and/or want to enhance your expertise to a strategic level within your organisation, then this course is for you.