People Analytics Accredited Programme
Discover how people analytics can help implement an evidence-based approach so you can make informed decisions and influence stakeholders.
Created by two recognised leading experts in the field, Trish Uhl and Tracey Smith, this Accredited Programme will provide you with a deep dive into people analytics.
Trish and Tracey have extensive experience of working with and advising organisations globally on people analytics strategies, implementation, and development of capability and policy.
Developing confidence is central to their approach. This programme will help you to begin to recognise your skills, discover what you are capable of, and see how you can add value to your organisation or context. It provides you with practical and applicable knowledge that you can use in your daily work.
You will also gain access to a learning community of like-minded professionals to share experiences and deepen your skills and knowledge.
The programme can be completed using Excel or Google Sheets. Python, R, SQL and machine learning are also referenced for those who wish to explore further but not required.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
This course will enable you to:
- discuss how the purpose of business is changing to serve all stakeholders, including all people in your organisation, and how this is impacting the regulatory and statutory initiatives
- explain how the workforce is now a board-level priority of equal importance to financial activities
- begin planning for how you can enhance your core people practices – across the talent lifecycle – with people analytics for improved decision-making
- build on your understanding of People Analytics as an approach that helps us to have positive impact and reach; to make meaningful contributions to our organisations; and to act in alignment with just cause and aspirational organisational, national and global goals
- use evidence-based practice and the CIPD people analytics framework to run a successful people analytics project
- apply a strategic lens to people analytics and build a people analytics strategy for your organisation
- successfully identify and work with stakeholders to deliver your people analytics project
- create a Data Governance council to support your people analytics strategy
- design value-add questions to identify areas to target with people analytics
- use decision science to make quality decisions using analytical output
- consult effectively using data
- describe the difference between measures, metrics and KPIs
- apply the fundamental rules of metrics
- explain the risks and opportunities in machine learning and people analytics
- use statistical models appropriately and effectively
- design, research, test, analyse and classify your data
- explain tools used in people analytics and talk about them confidently with suppliers and stakeholders
- engagingly and effectively present the results of your people analytics project to stakeholders.
Is this course right for me?
This programme is relevant if you are an experienced HR, OD or L&D professional looking to develop skills in people analytics so you can implement evidence-based decision making. You will have some understanding of the application and importance of analytics, however basic. It’s also suitable if you are currently working in people analytics and wish to demonstrate, reinforce and/or develop your expertise.
What will I need to successfully complete the programme?
Please ensure you can answer yes to the following statements to ensure you can successfully complete this programme.
- I am currently working in this profession or area of work, or have recently done so, and will be able to refer to current or past work examples during my learning.
- I can write an assessment answer which reflects on my learning and demonstrates how I can apply it in my context.
- I will have online access to use the CIPD Learning Hub for the duration of the programme.
- I can use the English language at the IELTS level 6 “Competent user” level or above. For more information see: https://www.ielts.org/about-ielts/what-is-ielts.
- I understand I must complete the programme within a 12-month deadline of my registration payment.
- I will inform CIPD Learning if I have a learning accessibility need or disability for which I would require a reasonable adjustment.
- I confirm I have read and accept the programme policy.