Get the best out of your remote workers. Learn management techniques that support a healthy, motivated, and productive working environment.
The pandemic has meant that remote working has quickly become the norm for many organisations. And it’s likely to stick. But this mean managers are becoming increasingly accountable for the productivity and wellbeing of their geographically dispersed teams.
Managing remote working comes with its own set of challenges that are not experienced in the physical workplace. Managers need to support employees to be productive without appearing to be micro-managing. These challenges are amplified by the technological limitations that remote working can often present.
Discover how to support your team’s productivity through the latest thinking and explore CIPD’s top tips for managing remote teams. This course aims to inspire good practice and will help to tackle a range of personal and performance related issues, discuss real-life remote working challenges and problem solve them.
Facilitated by experienced CIPD learning consultants, this course will equip managers with the now critical skills they need to be able to support their teams.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
The objectives of this course are:
- explore top tips to manage your team remotely and keep them motivated
- list the principles of strengths-based conversations
- describe a range of performance issues and how to address them
- list practical suggestions for effective challenging conversations remotely
- learn how to deal with personal issues remotely.
Is this course right for me?
If you are responsible and accountable for the productivity and wellbeing of remote workers, then this course is for you. This programme will equip you with the fundamental skills and guidance you need to be an effective remote manager.
I want to put my team on this course
Provide your team with the tools and knowledge they need to be able to manage their remote teams effectively. Ensure management practices support the good health, wellbeing, productivity, and engagement of your workforce.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- support your people’s productivity and wellbeing
- ensure your team can achieve organisational goals whilst working remotely
- effectively manage difficult conversations around performance and personal issues that might be challenging in a remote working environment.
This course is delivered virtually over 2 days spread over 3 weeks, with a week in between to help retention and application of what is covered. It has a total of 3 facilitated learning hours and 4 hours of self directed learning is recomended for the duration of the course.
Workshop 1: Creating, supporting and maintaining the productivity and wellbeing of the remote team
- Overview of objectives/team objectives for programme
- CIPD Top 10 tips for managing remote teams
- Motivating individuals and teams remotely
- Managing 121’s and team meetings
- Action planning – key actions to take away to implement from the session.
Workshop 2: Having and resolving difficult conversations in remote teams
- Range of real-life current performance issues
- Addressing performance issues remotely
- Supporting with personal issues remotely
- Having the difficult conversations to address performance and/or personal issues remotely
- Action planning – key actions to take away to implement from the overall programme.
You’ll utilise some remote working tools and access other relevant and helpful online resources, which can be used to support your ongoing learning thereafter. You’ll receive a Certificate of Attendance on completion of the course.