Leading Organisation Design and Development Accredited Programme
Assess a range of organisation design and development practices and make interventions to optimise work environments and improve business performance.
Organisation design and development is a systematic response to the external operating environment to support change and improve performance. Considering the ‘hard’ (design) and ‘soft’ (development) elements of an organisation helps people professionals understand its current state and work towards a desired future state.
This Accredited Programme explores the nine standards within the Organisation Design and Development specialist area of the CIPD Profession Map. Divided into eight modules, the programme incorporates the evolution and impact of OD&D, the consultancy cycle, assessing diagnostic tools and design structures, and creating conditions for ‘good work’. Every module has a practical focus, so learners are able to develop and demonstrate market-leading capability and deliver organisational impact.
Created by subject matter experts Linda Holbeche and David Hayden, with insights from a range of OD&D specialists, the course includes animations, videos and downloadable resources, as well as opportunities for personal learning reflections.
The programme includes a range of blended assets, including animations, videos, and downloadable resources, as well as space and activities to anchor your reflections on the content. It will encourage you to consider not only the content, but how it has been designed and delivered, and how this supports your practice. This provides practical and applicable knowledge and insights that you can use in your daily work.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
This course will enable you to:
- explain what organisation design and development is and why it is relevant to people professionals
- provide a deep dive into the nine standards within the Organisation Design and Development specialist area of the CIPD Profession Map
- share personal insights from OD&D experts
- offer you the opportunity to demonstrate how the programme has impacted on your practice, through the end of module assignments and the final marked submission.
Is this course right for me?
This Accredited Programme has been developed primarily for those with responsibility and accountability for the roles of organisation design and organisation development, including consultants. It is ideal for learners from a wider HR and/or L&D background who are working at or towards Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow of the CIPD.
What will I need to successfully complete the programme?
Please ensure you can answer yes to the following statements to ensure you can successfully complete this programme.
- I am currently working in this profession or area of work, or have recently done so, and will be able to refer to current or past work examples during my learning.
- I can write an assessment answer which reflects on my learning and demonstrates how I can apply it in my context.
- I will have online access to use the CIPD Learning Hub for the duration of the programme.
- I can use the English language at the IELTS level 6 “Competent user” level or above. For more information see: https://www.ielts.org/about-ielts/what-is-ielts.
- I understand I must complete the programme within a 12-month deadline of my registration payment.
- I will inform CIPD Learning if I have a learning accessibility need or disability for which I would require a reasonable adjustment.
- I confirm I have read and accept the programme policy.
I want to put my team on this course
To help teams deliver business value and demonstrate specialist OD&D capability, this online Accredited Programme can be delivered to groups of people professionals, with optional face-to-face elements.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- consider the range of consulting processes and styles and their implications for use
- apply a standard approach to consultancy which is relevant to OD&D (often referred to as the consultancy cycle)
- assess and apply organisation diagnostic tools
- intervene in a human system
- use predictions of major trends in the ‘to be’ organisation design
- assess which organisation design structures are most appropriate for organisational need and how to manage the design process, from inception to implementation
- influence the direction of organisation design and organisation development in your context.
You can complete this course in your own time and at your own pace, but we estimate that it will involve 50-70 hours of learning, covering the following modules:
- Setting the context for OD&D
- Practice frameworks
- Consultancy practice
- Data gathering and diagnosing
- Interventions for organisation development
- Strategic influences on organisation design
- Organisation design structures
- Designing the conditions for good work
The Leading Organisation Design and Development Accredited Programme includes check-ins on completion of each module to help embed your learning.
There will be a chance to resit the assessment for an additional fee, please read our policy for more information.
A final 2,500 word marked submission, based on a reflection on your practice and the practical application of the learning in your context, will be assessed at the end of the course.
Completion will result in a certificate noting your successful achievement of this CIPD Accredited Programme. You will also gain access to a learning community of like-minded professionals to share experiences and deepen your skills and knowledge once the programme has finished.
You will be able to access the course for 12 months from purchase and the CIPD Learning Hub will remain accessible to you for 24 months.