Leading Learning and Development Accredited Programme
Gain evidence-based practical insights from leading experts to increase the impact you have on the provision of learning and development within your organisational context.
The Leading Learning and Development Accredited Programme will provide you with the knowledge and strategies to lead an effective learning and development function.
Split into three blocks, aligned to the LD standards of the Profession map, you will cover the fundamentals of LD, how learning can be delivered, and ways you can help maximise impact, engagement, and transfer of learning within your context.
This unique format will offer you the opportunity to learn from credible LD experts, and members of the CIPD Learning team, who will share insights from their extensive personal experiences of leading learning and development practice.
The programme includes a range of blended assets, including animations, videos, and downloadable resources, as well as space and activities to anchor your reflections on the content. It will encourage you to consider not only the content, but how it has been designed and delivered, and how this supports your practice. This provides practical and applicable knowledge and insights that you can use in your daily work.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
This course will enable you to:
- explore ways an LD professional can create opportunities where the concept of continuing professional development across the whole organisation is actively supported
- collaborate with stakeholders to define capability needs and their implications for learning
- embed theories and methods that maximise learner engagement, learning transfer and impact throughout the learning design and delivery process
- integrate evidence-based approaches to adult learning and motivation theory into organisational learning
- choose appropriate ways of creating, managing and sharing learning content to meet learners’ and organisational needs
- use design principles to choose when digital is the right approach as part of a learning blend
- apply the principles of learning facilitation in different learning contexts
- use design principles to choose when face-to-face is the right approach as part of a learning blend
- build effective coaching and mentoring capability across the organisation
- leverage social collaborative learning and maximise its place in the learning approach.
Is this course right for me?
This programme is relevant if you currently have responsibility for learning and development in your organisation or are a consultant working within this remit. Whilst targeted at more experienced LD professionals, it also provides a depth, breadth, and foundation for those newer to LD practice seeking to provide effective learning to meet organisational performance needs.
What will I need to successfully complete the programme?
Please ensure you can answer yes to the following statements to ensure you can successfully complete this programme.
- I am currently working in this profession or area of work, or have recently done so, and will be able to refer to current or past work examples during my learning.
- I can write an assessment answer which reflects on my learning and demonstrates how I can apply it in my context.
- I will have online access to use the CIPD Learning Hub for the duration of the programme.
- I can use the English language at the IELTS level 6 “Competent user” level or above. For more information see: https://www.ielts.org/about-ielts/what-is-ielts.
- I understand I must complete the programme within a 12-month deadline of my registration payment.
- I will inform CIPD Learning if I have a learning accessibility need or disability for which I would require a reasonable adjustment.
- I confirm I have read and accept the programme policy.
I want to put my team on this course
This programme will build and validate learning and development competence and expertise within your teams. Learners will build on their specialist skills, establish their capability, and increase the impact they have on delivering learning strategies and providing effective development within your organisation.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- experience the breadth of learning and development needed to work in or with organisations
- explore the different theories, methods, and techniques to ensure delivery of effective learning and development strategies within your context
- use the context of your organisation to inform your practice as a leader in LD to add greatest value
- have greater influence over the way learning and development is provided in your organisation.
You can complete this course in your own time and at your own pace, but we estimate that it will involve 50-70 hours of learning, covering the following modules:
- Learning culture
- Impact, engagement and transfer
- Learning theory
- Content creation and curation
- Digital learning
- Face-to-face learning
- Coaching and mentoring strategies
- Social collaborative
The Leading Learning and Development Accredited Programme includes check-ins on completion of each module to help embed your learning.
There will be a chance to resit the assessment for an additional fee, please read our policy for more information.
A final 2,500 word marked submission, based on a reflection on your practice and the practical application of the learning in your context, will be assessed at the end of the course.
Accredited programme assessment submission must be completed 10-months post purchase. This is to allow time for your assessment to be marked and to give learners who have received a ‘not met’ grade the time to purchase and complete a second assessment attempt. This will be clearly communicated to all learners via the Learning Hub and upon sign up to an accredited programme. Learners can of course choose to work on and upload their completed assessment earlier if they wish. You are also encouraged to keep pace with the assessment activities, and this includes both the Module Check-ins at the end of each module throughout the programme and the final assessment. Where a learner misses the 10-month assessment deadline there may be no further opportunity to complete the assessment and CIPD Learning may withdraw the learner from the programme.
Completion will result in a certificate noting your successful achievement of this CIPD Accredited Programme. You will also gain access to a learning community of like-minded professionals to share experiences and deepen your skills and knowledge once the programme has finished.
You will be able to access the course for 12 months from purchase and the CIPD Learning Hub will remain accessible to you for 24 months.