Introduction to Strategic Workforce Planning
Explore how to use workforce planning strategically to anticipate the current and future resource requirements your organisation needs to meet its objectives.
This course has been created to help people professionals respond to the increasing demand for strategic workforce planning. You will explore how to plan for and anticipate the changing demands on resource within your organisation.
You’ll increase your knowledge of strategic workforce planning and how to conduct a gap analysis to identify what areas need to be closed through effective resourcing.
Aligned to the Profession Map, this course is designed and delivered for CIPD by leading subject matter experts as a practical, interactive, virtual classroom to small groups.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
As part of this course, you will:
- define what workforce planning is and the benefits for your business
- identify the key elements of creating a baseline of what your organisation looks like, what it is trying to achieve and why
- determine the workforce ‘Supply’ and ‘Demand’ and explore how to conduct a ‘Gap Analysis’
- develop the components of an ‘Action Plan’ to close the gap
- discover how to ‘Deliver’ the right workforce
Is this course right for me?
This course is most suitable for generalists within the people profession, and anyone being tasked with workforce planning who is looking to gain fundamental knowledge into this practice.
I want to put my team on this course
Knowledge of strategic workforce planning is a key component for all people professionals in creating better work and working lives. Equip your team with the skills they need to anticipate and respond to current and future resource and hiring requirements that will enable your organisation to meet its business goals.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- implement and deliver on the outputs of a strategic workforce plan
- describe the baseline of what your organisation looks like, what it is trying to achieve and why
- determine ‘Supply’, the historical workforce trends and what the forecast for the future is
- assess ‘Demand’, what drives it and what the forecast for the future is
- create your ‘Gap Analysis’ between supply and demand
- create and implement an action plan on the best way to close the gap.
This one day face-to-face course will cover the following modules:
- Introducing workforce planning
- Supply, demand and gap analysis
- Action plan and deliver
You’ll receive short pre-course reading and questions prior to commencing the course to help you focus on your own organisational objectives and get the most out of the course content.
On completion, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.