Identify current and future organisational needs, challenges and opportunities and respond effectively through workforce planning.
Organisations increasingly rely on their people professionals to carry out strategic workforce planning to respond to current and future challenges more effectively.
Through this course, you’ll gain an understanding of how strategic workforce planning will enable your organisation to meet its goals. You’ll learn the latest practices and data driven insights to determine and identify future demand and supply for people and skills.
Delivered by experts in workforce planning, the course will equip you with a practical introductory knowledge of strategic workforce planning that you can apply directly to your own workplace scenario. The programme provides both a theoretical and practical understanding of how to create your gap analysis between supply and demand. You’ll also create and implement an Action Plan on the best way to close the gap, including how to identify potential challenges, improve productivity, target inefficiencies, and increase employee retention.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
The objectives of this course are:
- what workforce planning is and the benefits for business
- the key elements of creating a ‘Baseline’ of what your organisation looks like, what is it trying to achieve and why
- how to determine workforce supply and demand, in order to conduct a gap analysis
- the components of an Action Plan to close the gap
- how to implement the Action Plan.
Is this course right for me?
If you’re being tasked with how to deliver the right workforce and wish to conduct a gap analysis of workforce supply and demand, then this course is for you.
This course supports practical application of the fundamentals of strategic workforce planning and explores how to use insight and analysis to achieve your organisational goals.
I want to put my team on this course
Your team will learn the fundamentals of strategic workforce planning including how an action plan supports your organisation in achieving its goals. They’ll understand the baseline of what your organisation looks like and how to determine and assess workforce supply and demand.
During the course, they’ll also be able to create an action plan on the best way to close the gap between supply and demand.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- create, implement and deliver a strategic workforce plan
- establish the baseline of what your organisation looks like, what it is trying to achieve and why
- determine workforce supply, the historical workforce trends and the forecast for the future
- assess demand, what drives it and the forecast for the future
- create your gap analysis between supply and demand
- create and implement an action plan to close the gap.
This course is delivered virtually over 1 day. It has 4 hours of facilitated online learning. Self-directed learning is recommended: estimated 1 hour before and 4 hours after the course.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Introducing workforce planning
- Understanding the baseline
- Supply, demand and gap analysis
- Creating and delivering an Action Plan
We want you to be confident that you can quickly apply your new skills in your organisation. So, before the session, we'll ask you to complete a short questionnaire so our experts can fully support you in achieving your aims from the course.
You’ll receive a Certificate of Attendance on completion.