Introduction to Coaching
Discover different coaching strategies and learn how to practically apply them into your working environment.
Coaching is quickly becoming one of the most important skills people professionals need in the workplace, but it’s also arguably one of the most challenging. As a coach, you must support and encourage your employees to unleash their potential, whilst balancing your people’s roles and responsibilities with the immediate needs of the business.
This course presents a variety of coaching techniques and the opportunity to practice the different models and skills learnt with other participants in a safe environment. Delivered face-to-face, you’ll work with an experienced practitioner who will share know-how and provide feedback in real-time. This programme will give you the confidence you need to implement new coaching models within your workplace.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
The objectives of this course are:
- define coaching and how it differs from mentoring, training and counselling
- explore the purpose of coaching
- describe responsibilities of roles involved in coaching
- explore different models for coaching
- describe the key skills to coach successfully
- practice coaching techniques.
Is this course right for me?
This course is an ideal choice if you’re a line manager wishing to develop coaching skills or for those who are considering pursuing coaching further. This programme will unlock your coaching potential so you can improve the performance of your people and contribute to the success of your organisation.
I want to put my team on this course
Bring out the best in your people. This invaluable Introduction to Coaching course provides the perfect foundation in coaching techniques for members of your team. Your team will have the opportunity to practice coaching skills with other participants in a safe environment. They’ll also explore different coaching models that they can then confidently apply within the workplace.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- use the right coaching techniques in their correct context
- confidently employ coaching models in your organisation
- ensure those involved in coaching are aware of their roles and responsibilities
- maximise the success of any coaching methodology
- use skills such as active listening and good questioning to have more effective conversations.
This two day face-to-face course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to coaching
- Coaching with trust
- Meaningful conversations
- Appreciative enquiry
- Precision questioning
- Latest thinking.
At the end of the course, you’ll receive a Certificate of Completion.