Introduction to Coaching
Bring out the best in the people within your organisation by developing your coaching skills.
Coaching can enhance skills, increase engagement, and improve people performance within your organisation.
Increasing in popularity over the last few years, the benefits of coaching frameworks and skills, such as listening and questioning, are clear. Coaching builds greater self-awareness, empowers, and serves as a key personal development tool.
This programme will develop your coaching skills and boost your confidence. You’ll learn how to adopt a coaching approach that brings out the best in the people around you.
The course provides you with the theory and fundamentals of coaching and gives you the opportunity to practice with your peers during the course. The practices you learn will not only improve the performance of an individual, but also contribute to the wider performance of the organisation as a whole.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
The objectives of this course are:
- define the purpose and ground rules for coaching
- develop listening skills
- apply a structured approach to conversations
- practice questions to initiate change
- practice asking questions to explore cognitive and emotional responses to a given situation
- apply Appreciative Inquiry methodologies
- describe how language impacts on clarity of thinking
- assess emerging trends from the disciplines of neuroscience and psychology.
Is this course right for me?
This Introduction to Coaching course will enable you to improve your communication skills and unlock your people’s potential. This course is ideal for any professional wishing to develop their coaching technique and maximise performance across their organisation.
I want to put my team on this course
Unlock your team’s potential and coaching capabilities. This course will provide your team with a simple but effective framework that they can use to empower others and make a difference to business objectives.
The programme will equip your team with the coaching skills they need to foster a more productive, engaged and effective workforce that delivers results.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- identify the situations where coaching will make a difference to business goals
- use coaching methods to effectively guide others to deliver results
- use the GROW coaching model
- recognise and maximise people’s potential
- tackle ineffective ways of working
- give constructive and developmental feedback
- find opportunities to coach people on the job, in your team and more formally.
Delivered over a 3 week period, this online course consists of 12 hours of facilitated online learning over 3 days. An estimated 10 hours of self-directed learning is recommended for the duration of the course. Topics covered include:
- Introduction to coaching
- Coaching with trust
- Meaningful conversations
- Appreciative enquiry
- Precision questioning
- Latest thinking.
You will receive a learner folder with access to a workbook and videos. A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.