Develop a strategic, flexible, and agile L&D plan that aligns with organisational objectives and drives performance.
Face to face
This programme explores the L&D function and how it can drive performance in your organisation. It is structured in a way that enables you to apply what you learn within your organisation’s context.
You’ll explore how to develop a strategic, flexible and agile L&D action plan that aligns with your organisation’s objectives. You’ll identify who your key stakeholders in the process are and the range of technical skills and behaviours you need to successfully lead L&D.
Containing insights from CIPD and Towards Maturity research, you’ll assess your organisation’s approach to L&D in line with the latest evidence and good practice.
This course is designed by the CIPD’s Learning Team with input from recognised leading experts in the fields of learning and development and people management: Giorgia Gamba Quilliam, David Hayden and Michelle Parry-Slater.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
As part of this course, you will:
- discuss the key purposes of the learning and development function in organisations
- explore key stakeholders and their role and requirements in the learning process
- explain how to develop a strategic, flexible and agile learning and development plan that is aligned to the mission, vision and values of your organisation
- define the emerging roles required within L&D and how these apply to your context
- identify a range of technical skills and behaviours needed to successfully lead learning and development to drive performance within an organisation.
Is this course right for me?
This programme is designed for those who have responsibility for shaping the L&D provision within their organisation to ensure that it’s both impactful and effective.
Whether you’re managing an L&D team, are a people professional with responsibility for L&D offerings or work in a line manager role with L&D accountability, this course provides you with the information and skills you need to lead on L&D provision in your organisation.
I want to put my team on this course
Building your people function’s L&D expertise? This course contains all the information your people professionals need to shape your organisation’s L&D provision. This course also supports and empowers line managers across your organisation with L&D accountability and enables you to apply what you learn with your organisation’s context.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- lead a more effective L&D operation to maximise impact within your organisation
- build more constructive and purposeful relationships with stakeholders
- deliver learning aligned with your organisation’s objectives that drives performance
- provide effective leadership and guidance to the L&D team
- assess your approach to L&D in line with the latest evidence-based research.
This three day face-to-face course will cover the following topics:
- Leading learning that drives performance
- Leading stakeholders in the learning process
- Leading by delivering learning impact
- Leading the learning team
You’ll receive a workbook that allows you to work through the content alongside the workshops. On completion, you’ll receive a Certificate of Attendance.