Impactful and Effective L&D Teams
Enhance your capability and practice to deliver your organisation's L&D agenda.
L&D strategy plays a pivotal role in how an organisation develops its workforce's capabilities, skills and competencies to remain successful.
This course enables you to enhance your capability and practice to deliver your organisation’s L&D agenda. The design of this programme is intentionally different. Working through the content in real time, you will be able to apply what you learn directly to your own organisation’s needs.
Developed by Phil Wilcox, a highly respected L&D influencer, the course will delve into your organisation’s Learning and Development practice. It’ll explore and embed the knowledge and skills into your day to day working practice and establish a set of measures, metrics and KPI’s to evaluate success.
Over the course of the programme, you’ll work across business (and learning) strategy, stakeholders, data and analytics, learning theory and address the skills needed to drive learning and performance now and into the future.
The course encourages collaboration with both your facilitator and fellow learners, giving you the opportunity to practice how to deliver your organisation’s L&D agenda. You’ll be able to test out evidence-based approaches to determine those that fit with the needs of your organisation first before formally implementing change in your organisation.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
By the end of this course, you’ll have:
- reviewed and, where appropriate, updated the Learning and Development Strategy for your organisation (or one you work with)
- built a set of measures, metrics and KPI’s to measure success
- mapped the key stakeholders in the business and completed a performance consulting conversation with at least one of those stakeholders
- reviewed the current and future L&D skills and capability requirements to deliver the organisational and learning strategy
- taken part in three action learning sets and three reflective practice discussions (with the intent being that this is a practice that individuals and groups have the opportunity to continue beyond the course)
- created a personalised action plan with associated measures of success.
Is this course right for me?
This programme is designed for L&D or OD professionals who are accountable for (or contribute to) driving and leading the learning agenda within their organisation or organisations that they work with.
I want to put my team on this course
Equip your team with the skills they need to lead, align and implement L&D strategy within their context. By articulating the complexities and positive impact of L&D, your team will deliver on the needs of your organisation.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- lead performance consulting conversations with key organisational stakeholders
- update your organisation’s learning strategy
- build metrics to measure performance
- align your L&D provision to your organisation’s strategic objectives
- create your own learning philosophy to embed within your work
- define the key shifts and skills needed in your organisation for now and in the future
- use evidence-based insights to continue your own professional development
- update your learning strategy and associated measures, metrics and KPI’s to track performance
- network with fellow practitioners and establish relationships beyond the boundaries of the programme.
This programme has two elements: 15 hours of formal facilitated online learning over 7 days and 15-20 hours of self-directed learning. It allows you to review the L&D strategy your organisation currently has in place to determine if it is fit for purpose.
- Leading Learning That Drives Performance
- Leading Learning with the Organisation
- Lead the L&D Team.
Each module will run concurrently and the whole programme will be covered in 7 weeks. You will be provided with essential reading as part of the self-directed element alongside the virtual classrooms. You’ll receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the course.