Explore the evolving landscape of L&D in the wider world of work and gain insights that will transform your organisation's learning strategy.
L&D professionals are tackling an increasing number of challenges. They now must ensure that learning provision is aligned to organisational changes, which subsequently means that they are having to change the way they facilitate learning in the workplace.
This course has been designed by the CIPD Learning Team, including Andy Lancaster, Michelle Parry Slater, Giorgia Gamba Quilliam and David Hayden, with additional insights from expert Phil Wilcox. This evidence-based programme will guide you through the latest learning practices that the CIPD recommend L&D embrace.
Rooted in robust evidence from the CIPD and others, the course draws on applied research, core learning theory, neuro and behavioural science. You’ll challenge myths, explore current research and have the opportunity to apply your learning in your day-to-day role.
You’ll investigate how to use data and evidence to inform your learning approach with scope to shape the future direction of your organisation’s L&D offering.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
- contributed to small and large group discussions exploring the key shifts that are needed to embed modern learning and development approaches
- contextualised the key shifts to your setting(s)
- reviewed aspects of your practice and strategy to incorporate current research on the future of learning
- created a personalised action plan with associated measures of success.
Is this course right for me?
This course is a must for L&D managers, leader and people professionals who want to inform, transform and review their current L&D strategy and practice. You’ll gain insights and ideas to transform your L&D practice and support you when faced with the challenges of your evolving work environment.
I want to put my team on this course
Enable your team to further develop their knowledge of how the learning landscape is evolving so they can apply CIPD supported strategies and practices in their day-to-day roles. Your team will come away inspired and armed with an approach to learning that has the scope to carve out the future direction of your organisation.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- collate a list of key actions that will enable a modern approach to learning and development activity and drive the evolution of your L&D practice into the future
- use a peer curated set of resources to support and embed learning
- review approaches to evaluation and use of data that informs decision making
- complete reflective practice activities that enable continuation and application after the programme has completed.
This programme has two elements to it. You’ll take part in 9 hours of formal virtual classrooms over a three-week period in addition to c.10 hours of self-directed learning.
Course topics include:
- Self-directed learning and being business aligned
- Data informed learning, measuring value and Human Centred Learning
- Social and Digital Learning, from creation to curation.
Along with the virtual classroom sessions, you’ll be given the chance to reflect and practically apply your learning in your organisation in between each session. You’ll receive a workbook prior to your first session which will include core research and reports that you’ll need to familiarise yourself with before commencement.
At the end of this course, you’ll receive a Certification of Completion.