Create a healthy working environment based on measurable positive behaviours, implementing a culture change programme where necessary.
In a changing world of work, organisations must be aware of the importance of measuring culture and developing a healthy working environment. Understanding and influencing human behaviour to create an inclusive strengths-based culture attracts, retains and engages talent, and all people professionals need to be aware of the part they play. Impacting culture and behaviour positively boosts their own performance and contributes to organisational success.
This introductory programme has been developed by expert Nick Dowling who has over 20 years' experience in business management and consulting in the UK and overseas. Providing a solid grounding for people professionals seeking to build their culture and behaviour knowledge, delegates will be able to measure the culture in their organisation using tools and models, leading to implementation of a culture change programme.
Armed with a common definition of positive culture for their organisation, delegates will have the confidence to support peers and stakeholders to embed and live the culture throughout the employee lifecycle. As part of this learning experience you will have access to one live webinar. Webinars are scheduled twice per calendar year so you'll have two dates to choose from.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The purpose of this course is to:
- define what is meant by culture and climate and how these impact employee engagement and organisational performance
- detail how people professionals can impact culture and behaviour across the employee lifecycle
- describe the features and benefits of a positive, inclusive, strengths-based culture
- recognise where culture and climate come from and what holds them in place
- turn the seemingly intangible culture and behaviour into defined and measurable attributes
- identify the critical elements of a culture change programme.
Is this course right for me?
Defining features and benefits of positive culture and behaviours, this programme provides a solid introduction for people professionals with responsibilities or interest in talent management, culture and behaviour, and culture change. The course content is distilled into six digestible topics and specialist subject knowledge is not necessary.
Core Learning Subscription
Upgrade to a 12-month subscription and get so much more.
With the CIPD’s Core Learning Subscription, you can access the key learning you require at the point when you need it. Delivered fully online, new courses are added regularly, and content consistently updated to reflect changes in the profession.
|Access to this course for 12 months|
|Access to the CIPD Learning Hub for 24 months|
|All Essential Insight courses – existing and as new courses are added|
|Our eight Core Behaviours Introductory Programmes|
|15% discount on all courses|
Find out more about the CIPD Core Learning Subscription
Interested in a subscription for your team? Please get in touch here.
I want to put my team on this course
Everyone can contribute to and benefit from a healthy work environment. To ensure all people professionals in your organisation understand, embed and live a positive culture, this course can be delivered to a team or specific function.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll have the confidence and skills to:
- Agree on a common definition of culture in the organisation
- Support all employees in the organisation with embedding and living the culture throughout the employee lifecycle
- Establish and maintain a positive, inclusive and strengths-based culture
- Measure the culture and identify any necessary adjustments and changes
- Implement a culture change programme, if required.
Featuring a mix of written, video and interactive content, this course will take six hours to complete, including reflective questions throughout. Learners engage at their own pace via the CIPD Learning Hub, a self-serve online platform.
- Topic 1:Defining culture and behaviour
- Topic 2:Culture, behaviour and the people profession
- Topic 3:Culture and behaviour aspirations and expectations
- Topic 4:Culture and behaviour origins and sustainers
- Topic 5:Measuring and reporting culture and behaviour
- Topic 6:Culture and behaviour change
You will be able to access the course for 12 months from purchase and the CIPD Learning Hub will remain accessible to you for 24 months.