Employment Law Update
Get up to speed with the latest employment law changes update in order to deepen knowledge and maintain organisational compliance.
CIPD members and Core Learning Subscribers get 15% off this workshop.
The legal landscape and how it affects the workplace is often complex and constantly evolving. This one-day workshop will bring learners up to date with recent changes in case law and legislation and highlight future developments. It provides interaction with a specialist to:
- deepen knowledge, update thinking and refresh skills
- sharpen practice in applying evidence-based solutions
- stay at the forefront of the latest thinking on the ever-changing legal landscape in the world of work
- recognise, explore and hypothesise emerging trends.
The engaging workshop content will vary, depending on what is topical, helping busy people professionals to maintain their expertise and specialism in a legal area of people practice. Learners will have the opportunity to explore examples, share thoughts and consider the impact that legal changes will have on their own organisation. The workshop also includes a workbook to help learners to be able to support or lead effective implementation of changes back in the workplace. The workshop predominantly covers England and Wales employment law and will have references to the law in Scotland. It will not cover law in Northern Ireland.
Focusing on practical insights, the subject matter expert will take learners through a hands-on approach to dealing with necessary changes in a constructive and confident way. It is a must-attend workshop for those implementing interventions that enable organisational compliance.
All CIPD courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months. The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
In this course you will develop your skills in:
- expand knowledge relating to the latest developments in employment law
- appreciate the organisational significance of recent changes
- evaluate the impact of legal updates on decisions that affect the overall success of an organisation
- assess your thinking around recent case law developments, legislation and future changes
- consider a range of interventions to enable organisation compliance
- reflect on emerging developments
- anticipate and manage legal changes on the horizon.
Is this course right for me?
This workshop is recommended for professionals seeking practical insights into recent (and emerging) employment law changes, and the opportunity to engage with a subject matter expert. It will be most beneficial to those already familiar with aspects of employment law, including HR practitioners, managers, supervisors, team leaders, employee or trade union representatives and business owners. This workshop is also recommended for attendees of “The Employment Law Practitioner – A Complete Approach” (ELP).
This course is either delivered online or face-to-face. To choose preferred delivery format, please ensure you are on a correct course page. Delivery type is shown in a bar, to the right, above this "Overview" section