Discover how to resolve workplace legal issues that arise during the employment journey through a legal and compliant lens.
Face to face
This holistic course encompasses the entire employment journey and challenges you to view typical workplace issues.
You’ll work through the employee lifecycle, including recruitment, contracts and typical workplace issues that arise during employment, and assess your organisation’s employment policies and procedures from a legal perspective.
We’ll take you through how to apply the law effectively to your own organisation’s employment practices and procedures. This course will also provide you with clear guidance on how to resolve the legal issues that arise at work, in accordance with good practice.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
In this course you will:
- explain in the context of employment law, the steps involved in the creation of the employment relationship
- describe the role of employment law in maintaining the employment relationship
- identify legal requirements and rights applicable in the employment relationship
- articulate the ways in which the law protects against discrimination
- create a process for managing performance in the context of employment law
- ensure a legally compliant grievance and disciplinary process is followed
- apply fair and legal steps in terminating an employment relationship
- develop a process for TUPE
- explain the steps of an employment tribunal and when they might take place.
Is this course right for me?
If you’re a people professional with responsibility for employment law issues within your organisation and are looking for an all-encompassing employment law course, then this programme is for you.
Suitable for all people professionals, regardless of level of experience, this course will take you through the entire employment journey and explain how to resolve the legal challenges at work, in accordance with good practice.
I want to put my team on this course
This course will increase your people team’s employment law expertise. Your people professionals will explore how to apply the law effectively and implement employment practices and procedures to resolve legal issues that arise in your workplace, in accordance with good practice.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- assess your organisation’s employment policies and procedures from a legal perspective
- apply the law effectively to your organisation’s employment practices and procedures
- provide clear guidance on resolving the legal issues that arise at work, in accordance with good practice.
This three day face-to-face course will cover the following topics:
- Creating the employment relationship
- Recruitment and contracts of employment
- Employment status, a typical workers and whistleblowing
- Employment relationship
- Employee relations and working time
- Friendly rights
- Data Protection and Health and Safety
- Discipline and grievance procedures
- Dismissal and employment tribunals.
On completion you will receive a Certificate of Attendance