Implement employee wellbeing practices that are good for people, good for performance and good for organisational success.
Supporting the wellbeing of your employees is vital for your organisation. Prioritisation of employee health and wellbeing is a central aspect of any people strategy and critical to the way in which an organisation works.
This course enables you to lead in creating practices to support wellbeing and to take responsibility for ensuring the health and wellbeing of employees is prioritised wherever and however they are working. You’ll explore how integrated approaches to health and wellbeing can also contribute to increased employee engagement and foster a workforce where people are committed to achieving organisational success.
Designed by leading wellbeing at work expert Shona McFarlane, this programme also equips you with the practical guidance you need to create conditions that support resilience, and to be able to identify the signs of poor wellbeing.
On completion you will be confident in your ability to implement strategic and tactical approaches to wellbeing that ensure your people receive the support they need to thrive at work.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
The objectives of this course are:
- define wellbeing, resilience, and mental health
- explore why wellbeing, resilience and mental health are good for people, and good for organisational success
- create the conditions for high wellbeing and resilience at work
- identify HR and management responsibility for wellbeing at work
- influence and support the building and implementation of a wellbeing at work strategy.
Is this course right for me?
Designed for people professionals and line managers who have responsibility for a team of any size. This course is created for those who wish to further develop their knowledge of wellbeing at work. You’ll also learn how to create conditions that support employee wellbeing, resilience and good mental health.
*Employee Wellbeing, Early Bird Offer Terms and Conditions
1. The discount entitles you to a 10% reduction in fees for Employee Wellbeing course only.
2. If you are a current CIPD member, this discount can be used in conjunction with the 15% membership discount but cannot be combined with any other discounts or voucher codes.
3. The Discount code will remain active until midnight on 29/11/24.
4. In the event the course reaches 50% of its maximum capacity whilst this offer is still active, the offer will be discontinued. You can track the remaining capacity for each course on the respective course shop page.
5. Each user is permitted to use the early registration discount code only once. Multiple uses by the same user are not allowed.
6. CIPD reserves the right to modify the cost of any course at any time. The 10% early registration discount will be applied at the time of purchase and not be valid for future price changes.
7. This course may be cancelled if it does not receive the minimum required number of participants. In the event of such a cancellation, you will receive a refund equal to the discounted cost of the course that you paid.
9. CIPD reserves the right to terminate or modify this offer in its sole discretion, including in the event of fraud, technical failures, or other unforeseen circumstances.
10. All course materials provided during the course, including presentations, handouts, and other resources, are the exclusive intellectual property of CIPD. Participants are granted a limited, non-transferable license to use the course materials for personal educational purposes only. Reproduction, distribution, or modification of materials is strictly prohibited.
11. This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England and Wales.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these terms and conditions or any other aspect of our courses, please contact our customer support team.
I want to put my team on this course
Your team will gain confidence in identifying the signs of poor wellbeing, and the steps to take when implementing strategies to support employee wellbeing. They’ll learn how fostering good wellbeing and mental health can also lead to a more productive working environment and support business outcomes.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- effectively articulate the importance of wellbeing in your workplace
- use data and evidence to support how wellbeing contributes to organisational success
- create and influence wellbeing strategies
- create a working environment that is supportive of wellbeing and resilience
- understand roles and responsibilities around wellbeing in your place of work.
This course is delivered virtually over 1 day. It has 3.45 hours of facilitated online learning. Self-directed learning is recommended: estimated 1 hour before and 4 hours after the course.
The course will cover the following topics:
Virtual Classroom 1:
- Define wellbeing, resilience and mental health
- Organisational benefits of increased focus on mental health
- Remote working and wellbeing
- Signs of poor well-being
- Considerations for wellbeing during change and ambiguity
Virtual Classroom 2:
- Create the conditions for good wellbeing and resilience at work
- Three levels of approach to building resilience and wellbeing at work
- Management standards and behaviours
- Psychological safety
- Individual actions for wellbeing
- Physical and mental wellbeing
- Practical exercises and techniques to support well-being
Virtual Classroom 3:
- Management and HR responsibility and influence on wellbeing
- Wellbeing strategy
- Wellbeing constructs
- CIPD domains of wellbeing
- Essential elements of wellbeing
- Example well-being initiatives
- Measuring the impact of wellbeing initiatives
You’ll be provided with pre-reading and post-virtual classroom takeaways and at the end of the course the learner will receive a Certificate of Attendance on completion