Explore the main areas in people management that are affected by data protection and GDPR so you can mitigate risks.
Our Data Protection and GDPR course is essential for anyone who is responsible for data protection, whether you are a Data Controller or someone with an interest in mitigating risks.
This online course will provide you with an overview of the legislation and detail the main areas in people management that are affected by data protection and GDPR. You will explore how to plan to mitigate against such risks and ensure this is a continual ongoing process in your organisation.
You’ll take part in a practical activity where we will discuss a case study. You’re encouraged to reflect on your key learnings from this activity and how it will apply in your own workplace. It will particularly focus on the relationship between company policies, conduct rules on data governance and disciplinary action.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
In this course, you will:
- list the main points of data protection/GDPR legislation and the principles associated with each
- recognise which people practices, policies and process have a risk associated with data protection
- apply your learning to plan how to mitigate such risks in your organisation
- reflect on your learning and take action to identify future risks as a continual ongoing process.
Is this course right for me?
This course is suitable for anyone with responsibility for or involvement in Data Protection and GDPR in the workplace.
I want to put my team on this course
Equip your teams or function with the knowledge of data protection and GDPR legislation they need to mitigate risks and ensure your organisation is compliant.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- have an increased awareness of the legislation and risks associated with Data Protection/GDPR
- identify risks and how to mitigate them
- reduce risks through better identification and planning
- plan risk awareness in people policies, processes, and practices.
This course is delivered online over 2 hours. Self-directed learning is recommended: 30 mins before and 2 hours after the course. It will cover the following topics:
- Overview of the law and principles relating to Data Protection
- An outline of GDPR and people practice implications
- Practical activity - Case study
- Reflection on key learnings
Upon completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.