Gain confidence, credibility and expertise as an HR, L&D or OD business partner to deliver real organisational impact and be effective in your role.
Led by the CIPDs subject leader for business partnering, Giles O’Halloran, the creation of this programme brings together the experience of subject matter experts from across the globe. Using insight from current business partners and HR, OD and L&D leaders, alongside our own research, we have created a programme that will help you deliver impact in your context.
You will gain confidence in understanding your organisation and how your role supports the meeting of strategic objectives. This programme will enable you to identify areas where you can maximise your influence in your role, providing you with practical and applicable knowledge that you can use in your daily work.
You will also have access to a learning community of like-minded professionals to share experiences and deepen your skills and knowledge, which continues after completion of the course.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months. The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
This course will enable you to:
- state the evolution of business partnering and how it has been applied since inception
- analyse past, present and emerging models of business partnering
- describe the context of your organisation
- explain different models of organisations and how business partners add value
- analyse and explain the difference between strategic context and operational context
- state the value of analytics in the work of people professionals
- demonstrate the benefit of financial acumen in the role of business partners
- identify organisational needs and use this insight to develop action plans
- describe the importance of measuring the performance of the people function as well as performance of the organisation
- describe how to build influence in your organisation.
Is this course right for me?
This CIPD Accredited Programme is relevant if you are currently working in the role of business partner and wish to maximise your influence and be effective in your role. Whether you are new to HR, L&D or OD business partnering or experienced, this course will help you to demonstrate your capability, gain confidence and expand your expertise and skills.
What will I need to successfully complete the programme?
Please ensure you can answer yes to the following statements to ensure you can successfully complete this programme.
- I am currently working in this profession or area of work, or have recently done so, and will be able to refer to current or past work examples during my learning.
- I can write an assessment answer which reflects on my learning and demonstrates how I can apply it in my context.
- I will have online access to use the CIPD Learning Hub for the duration of the programme.
- I can use the English language at the IELTS level 6 “Competent user” level or above. For more information see: https://www.ielts.org/about-ielts/what-is-ielts.
- I understand I must complete the programme within a 12-month deadline of my registration payment.
- I will inform CIPD Learning if I have a learning accessibility need or disability for which I would require a reasonable adjustment.
- I confirm I have read and accept the programme policy.
I want to put my team on this course
This CIPD accredited programme will support the development of effective and influential HR, L&D and OD business partners who will be equipped to add the greatest value to your organisation. It will strengthen decision making and business acumen within your people function.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- explain your current practice as a business partner in the wider context of the people profession and how it has evolved
- use the context of your organisation to inform your practice as a business partner to add greatest value
- close the gap between strategic context and operational context in your work
- apply analytics to inform decisions and demonstrate the value you bring to your organisation
- have greater influence in your role within your organisation.
You can complete this course in your own time and at your own pace, but we estimate that it will involve 60 hours of learning, covering the following modules:
- Business partnering
- Organisational context
- Organisational insight
- Organisational practice
- Organisational influence
The Business Partnering Accredited Programme includes check-ins on completion of each module to help embed your learning.
There will be a chance to resit the assessment for an additional fee, please read our policy for more information.
A final 2,500-3,000 word marked submission, based on a reflection on your practice and the practical application of the learning in your context, will be assessed at the end of the course.
Completion will result in a certificate noting your successful achievement of this CIPD Accredited Programme. You will also gain access to a learning community of like-minded professionals to share experiences and deepen your skills and knowledge once the programme has finished.
You will be able to access the course for 12 months from purchase and the CIPD Learning Hub will remain accessible to you for 24 months.