Develop your skills as a Business Partner and reinforce the role of people professionals in the delivery of your organisation’s business strategy.
The people profession is changing. People professionals are expected to deliver pragmatic and measurable solutions that support and add greater value to the business. Effective business partnering boosts efficiencies, ensures cost effectiveness and enables the meeting of organisation-wide targets.
Designed in conjunction with highly experienced people professionals and Giles O’Halloran, the CIPD’s Lead Tutor for Business Partnering, this course shares the basics of how to become the effective HR, L&D and OD Business Partner your organisation expects you to be.
You’ll develop business credibility, agility and the skills required to build effective relationships across your organisation, including how to demonstrate and communicate your HR function’s value in a constantly changing business world.
Using practical case studies, you’ll put learning into practice and present solutions to challenges and obstacles.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months. The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
The objectives for this course are:
- articulate the importance of business context
- critically evaluate different business models
- define value in the context of your organisation
- describe HR analytics and its value
- illustrate the link between HR processes and organisational outcomes
- describe the analytics process
- practically apply situational approaches to coaching and mentoring
- identify and respond to reactions to organisational change
- demonstrate how to communicate with impact
- describe the process of developing and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders
- role-model how to challenge constructively.
Is this course right for me?
This programme is designed specifically for people professionals who are new to Business Partnering or who aspire to become a Business Partner.
The course will build your knowledge, skills and confidence in implementing business focused and value-driven solutions and develop your expertise in communicating with other business leaders to achieve organisational objectives.
I want to put my team on this course
Business partnering is one of the most effective ways for people professionals to drive change and add value to your organisation. Your team will build skills to successfully collaborate with other departments and leaders across your organisation and reinforce the strategic role HR plays in the meeting of business priorities.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- differentiate between organisational drivers and dynamics behind sustainable success
- demonstrate your insights and influence amongst key stakeholders within the business and contribute to organisation wide success
- prioritise focus areas and understand what will add greatest value to your organisation both now and in the future
- develop your ability to build effective relationships with other members of your organisation
- grow your capability and potential to become a future people leader.
The programme is run over a 4–6-month period. You’ll participate in two sessions per month with a four-week gap between live online classes. Each live online class is designed and delivered by practicing subject matter experts.
The programme will cover the following topics:
- Commercial drive
- Data and analytics
- Professional courage and influence
- Organisational coach/mentor
- Wrap up day & certificate of completion.
As part of the course, you’ll be given access to the CIPD’s online learning platform, the CIPD Learning Hub for self-directed learning. The self-directed learning consists of preparative activities to complete prior to attending each module and case studies to facilitate the group work and final presentation.