Business Partner Practitioner
Develop your business partnering, influencing, data analytics and coaching expertise to gain stakeholder buy-in across your organisation.
Now more than ever, the fast changing and competitive world of work requires people professionals to work closely with internal business leaders to enhance workforce performance and achieve organisational goals.
The principles-led, evidence-based, and outcomes-driven course will develop your commercial acumen, data analytics, influencing and coaching skills. This includes how to gain stakeholder buy-in and support and all the key elements of a successful business partner.
Informed by the latest CIPD research, this course has been developed by the CIPD with Giles O’Halloran, our experienced Lead Tutor for business partnering. It addresses the key competencies required to function as an effective and valued business partner.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months. The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
As part of this course, you will:
- apply concepts of business savviness and operating models to strategy and planning
- develop deep organisational insight by analysing key internal and external factors impacting business
- analyse and demonstrate meaning from data - insight, inspiration, impact
- generate insights from data and effectively present a compelling data story
- identify, develop and enhance influencing skillsets
- sharpen skills to qualify, map and engage key stakeholders
- develop skills to 'coach the leader' to surface insights and raise awareness
- apply techniques to coach others in reaction to organisation change.
Is this course right for me?
This highly charged, interactive programme is ideal for people professionals who want to enhance their business partnering skills. Whether you are a senior practitioner, aspiring manager or owner of a small and medium-sized business, this programme will build a strong foundation in the role of business partnering.
I want to put my team on this course
Equip your people professionals with the skills they need be effective business partners. We’ll work with your people team to enhance their influencing, data analytics and coaching expertise to become a strategic business partner and change agent.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- appreciate the trends and resulting impact of the future of work
- define the role of an HR Business Partner in a changing context
- Identify foundations of Business savvy HR
- scan the environment and apply a strategic mindset
- position HR for strategic purpose and planning
- develop a strategic partnering approach
- describe the business model at depth
- generate insight from data and evidence
- connect with curiosity, purpose and impact
- lead with integrity, consideration and challenge
- develop trust and the courage to challenge
- determine stakeholders and influence with impact
- choose a coaching/mentoring approach
- apply situational coaching/mentoring skills
- commit to workplace application.
This three day face-to-face course will cover the following modules:
- Strategic positioning
- Commercial drive
- Influential Partner
- Organisational Coach-Mentor
You’ll be provided with additional reading and a pre-course activity, which we recommend you complete ahead of the first session. On completion of this course, you’ll receive a Certificate of Attendance.