Develop your business partnering, influencing, data analytics and coaching expertise to gain stakeholder buy-in across your organisation.
Now more than ever, the fast changing and competitive world of work requires people professionals to work closely with internal business leaders to enhance workforce performance and achieve organisational goals.
This principles-led, evidence-based, and outcomes-driven course will develop your commercial acumen, data analytics, influencing and coaching skills. This includes how to gain stakeholder buy-in and support and all the key elements of a successful business partner.
Informed by the latest CIPD research, this course has been developed by the CIPD with Giles O’Halloran, our experienced Lead Tutor for business partnering. It addresses the key competencies required to function as an effective and valued business partner.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months. The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
In this course you will develop your skills in:
- recognising key internal and external factors impacting business
- aligning people with business strategy
- implementing practical partnering solutions
- applying modern business models to strategy and planning
- exploring ways for effective customer connections
- executing solutions-based ways of working
- strengthening your position as a trusted business advisor
- identifying and enhancing influencing skillsets
- qualifying, mapping and engaging key stakeholders
- coaching the leader to surface insights and raise awareness
- applying techniques to coach others in reaction to organisation change.
Is this course right for me?
This participant interactive course is ideal for business partners who are looking to strengthen their position as a competent business thinker, enhance performance and their influence in their organisation. It’s recommended to:
- Senior practitioners who want to further explore the key issues that business partners face today and be a strategic change agent
- Aspiring Managers seeking to strengthen competencies and build a strong foundation in their role
- Owners of small and medium sized businesses desiring to advance capabilities as commercially driven business partners in influencing, data analysis and coaching.
I want to put my team on this course
Equip your people professionals with the skills they need be effective business partners. We’ll work with your people team to enhance their influencing, data analytics and coaching expertise to become a strategic business partner and change agent.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- engage business leaders by showing powerful business mindset in your thinking
- determine factors impacting business strategy
- enhance working relationship across different levels
- implement evidence-based practice with business context at its core
- recognise benefits of contracting and consulting customers
- demonstrate solutions-focused problem solving
- position the role of a business partner as an outcomes driven professional understanding business context and strategic thinking
- enhance influencing skills for stronger positioning as a trusted advisor
- clearly define key stakeholders and ways of approaching them effectively
- coach for insights and raising awareness
- coach for organisational change.
This course is delivered virtually over a 4 week period. Each day has 3 hours of facilitated online learning and are a week apart to help retention and application of what is covered. An estimated 8 to 10 hours of self-directed learning is recommended for the duration of the course.
It will cover the following topics:
- Strategic Mindset
- Commercial Drive
- Influential Partner
- Organisation Coach-Mentor
Prior to attending each date of the course, we’d ask you to complete pre-workshop activities – these include watching recommended videos or listening to suggested podcast.
Completing these activities will add value to discussions or activities planned throughout the course.
After each day of the course, you will be equipped with action learning activities. Action learning activities help with translating learning objectives into practice.
They nudge you to reflect on the knowledge gained and allow you to decide what is most relevant to you and in the context of your organisation.
Neither pre- nor post- workshop activities are compulsory to complete.
They will add value to your learning experience and practice hence why we’d encourage you to explore them.
Time required to complete each pre/post workshop activities depends on: (a) your knowledge about the business/organisation you work in, (b) your understanding of business partnering and (c) your commitment to reflect on a given topic.
We have provided the below anticipated durations for reference only:
- pre-workshop activities: between 20 mins to 45 mins
- post-workshop sets of self-directed activities: between 2 to 5 hours a week.
When you join a workshop day, you will be encouraged to participate in practical activities – these may be e.g. discussion in breakout rooms, sharing your thoughts in a chat box, using interactive annotation tools.
They will give an opportunity to share your practical perspective on topics discussed and (if you want and feel comfortable with) present examples from your organisation as a form of a short case study.
You will also be able to learn from other attendees and challenge each other’s thinking.
On Completion of this Course, you’ll receive a certificate of attendance.