Discover how to develop an Organisation design and development action plan and use diagnostic models to check the health of your organisation.
Face to face
Explore the difference between Organisation Design, Organisation Development and Change Management, and where these different disciplines work together.
Created and delivered by CIPD and leading OD&D experts, this course looks at whole systems thinking. From whole-organisation level to individual teams, you’ll explore the different levels at which organisation design takes place. You’ll create an action plan, including ways to transition to the new design and optimise it, and the change and stakeholder management required for it to be successful.
You’ll be encouraged to synthesise your learning in your organisation’s context. You’ll explore theories and diagnostic models to check the health of your organisation, the role of data, and the concept of self as an instrument of change.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months. The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
As part of this course, you will:
- explain the history and evolution of Organisational Development and Design
- introduce the common theory and frameworks that are used in organisation design and organisation development today
- explain the connections, uniqueness and differences with organisation design, organisation development, HR and L&D
- apply diagnostic tools to assess the health of the organisation
- obtain data to decide how to initiate and manage organisational changes, understand the link between data and the type of intervention
- implement evaluation strategies to assess the impact of any change initiative
- assess your own strengths and personal development needs within the context of the organisation design and development roles
- identify how you will put this into action back in the workplace.
Is this course right for me?
If you are a senior people professional currently working in Organisation Design or Development but have had no formal development, or are working in a senior operational management role, this course is perfect for you.
The programme explores the differences between both disciplines and shows how they complement each other in today’s changing world of work.
I want to put my team on this course
Provide the learning and development your people professionals need to be at the top of their game in OD&D and witness the impact across your organisation. Your team will explore how both disciplines complement each other and how to prepare and implement an OD&D action plan.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- approach change in organisations in a systematic way
- use Organisation Design and Development tools and theories back in your workplace
- identify an effective and individualised approach to initiating organisation design, organisation development and change in your context
- engage with stakeholders to effectively support change.
This three day face-to-face programme will cover the following topics:
- Organisation Design
- Systems thinking
- Systems models
- Organisational structures
- Horizon scanning
- Phases of design and implementation
- Organisation Development:
- Roots and practice of Organisation Development
- Working with big system organisation models and frameworks
- Self as instrument
- The work of organisation development.
Prior to attending this three-day course, you will be provided with an Organisation Design and Organisation Development resource pack and a list of essential reading. On completion you will receive a Certificate of Attendance and will be signposted to further resources to aid your action plan and embed your practice in the workplace.