Meet the needs of performance related pay across your organisation by increasing your practical knowledge of pay structure and design.
It’s the role of reward specialists and HR professionals to ensure that their organisation’s pay and benefit solutions align with their organisational objectives and are competitive in the wider employment market. To do this they must typically combine a range of pay and benefits into a flexible total reward framework to meet the diverse needs of employees.
People professionals need to be able to understand and confidently articulate the reasoning and implications behind pay setting and performance related pay.
Informed by the latest CIPD research and facilitated by a leading reward specialist, this course will provide you with the comprehensive and practical skills you need. You’ll be able to lead in discussions on differing pay structures, identify the strengths and weaknesses of the various pay models, and ensure pay fairness.
It’ll equip you with the tools you need to implement pay strategies that align to your organisation’s vision and strategy, and to effectively carry out good practice and manage issues which may emerge.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months. The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
The objectives of this course are:
- critically evaluate job evaluation schemes
- describe pay structures and how to choose and set them
- explain equal pay, pay progression and the options available
- define and assess performance related pay
- explain the key features of bonus payments and how to benchmark
- understand the features and considerations in sales incentives and commission.
Is This Course Right For Me?
This course is designed for professionals who work in, or have experience working in, employee reward, compensation and benefits. It’s also relevant for those looking to enhance their overall understanding of pay structure and design.
I want to put my team on this course
Your team members will develop their knowledge to confidently describe, design, and manage the pay structure in your organisation. They’ll use job evaluation and other criteria to ensure your pay structures are fair and reflect your unique context and organisational need.
Gaining practical knowledge and confidence, your people will assess and evaluate different pay structures and progression methods to ensure they align with your organisation’s wider objectives, strategy and cultural values.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- confidently describe, design and manage a pay structure for your organisation
- use job evaluation and other such criteria to ensure pay fairness across your organisation
- ensure pay strategies are aligned to organisational needs and vision.
This course is delivered virtually over 2 consecutive days. Each day has 4 hours of facilitated online learning. An estimated 4-6 hours of self-directed learning is recommended before and after the course.
The small group sessions and interactive exercises will cover the following topics:
- Reward context and job evaluation – the how and why of sizing roles
- Pay setting and structures – why we pay what we do and how we manage this
- Pay progression and equal pay
- Performance related pay – the why and the how – is it the right thing to do?
- Bonus payments – how are they structured; do they work?
- Sales incentives and commissions – how are they used, what are the solutions/alternatives?
You’ll receive a Certificate of Attendance on completion of this course.